South County, MO commercial landscaping/construction company looking for the right candidate. Our commercial lawn care division has over 30 crews out daily, 40+ mowers, along with 100’s of other small engine equipment. In addition to commercial landscaping and construction, our company also provides snow removal services in the winter. Extended hours will be required during snow and ice events as the company will run 24/7 during these events.
- Stands for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Continuously squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from the ground.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 75 pounds or more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Services small engine power equipment such as lawnmowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, snowblowers, or others used in landscape maintenance.
- Performs basic general repair and maintenance of our equipment.
- Maintains positive working relationships and interactions with co-workers in the shop and other departments.
- Sharpen blades for mowers, check air filters, grease units, check oil, transmission, and anti-freeze.
- Assist with unloading trucks delivering materials to the shop.
- Must be able to back up and park trucks with an attached trailer.
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work and make decisions independently
- Perform inventory check of assigned equipment on scheduled maintenance days
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean and clear.
- Always ensures compliance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of shop or mechanic experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of small engines or automotive repair a plus.
- Previous equipment operating experience (commercial lawn mowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, or others used in landscape maintenance) is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Must be able to go into the field and repair equipment on site
- Must be able to drive truck and trailer
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful.
Additional Credentials (Helpful Not Required):
- Any ASE certifications or other certifications
- Experience with construction equipment
- Fabrication and welding experience
Monday – Friday Some Saturdays may be required.
Required Hours: 2:00 pm-10:00 pm daily (overtime to be expected).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Excellent benefits with full time. Immediate opening. Equal opportunity employer.